Since the government’s spending cuts, pretty much every grant has been withdrawn. However, we have come across (well done Bernadette!) a EU source of grant that is still available.
The source of these grants is the Leadership and Management Advisory Service (LMAS). A quick search in Google shows that these grants are available through a number of training providers, included Bristol Management Centre (BMC) who put us on to this.
If you are planning a training course on subjects such as management skills in general, financial management (for non-accountants), marketing, employment law etc., please take action quickly to save yourself potentially £1,000.
The criteria for claiming these grants are:
- you must have 5 – 249 employees
- you must have less than £39 million balance sheet total, and less than £39 million turnover
- the training is for senior management-level people only
- applications must be in by 11 February 2011 (for Bristol Management Centre courses)
- training must start by 31 March 2011 (although this could be just some ‘pre-course’ work)
- there may be restrictions if other grants have been obtained in recent years
I understand the grant application takes only 5 minutes to complete.
To find out more, contact Ian Wass of Bristol Management Centre. He is happy to answer any questions you may have about their available courses and the grants.