Kirkpatrick & Hopes - Succession Planning Accountants

Call us on: 0118 923 5800
Email us:

Correcting VAT errors

Correcting VAT errors VALUE ADDED TAX

A new version of VAT notice 700/45 entitled How to correct VAT errors and make adjustments or claims has been published. The notice has been updated to include an address change for the VAT Error Correction Team.This notice explains to VAT registered businesses how to:

  • Amend VAT records if they contain errors.
  • Correct errors on VAT returns which have already been submitted.
  • Claim a refund for overpaid VAT.
  • Complete VAT returns or make a claim where there is a disagreement with HMRC as to the correct VAT treatment of a supply.
  • Complete VAT returns where HMRC’s practices in relation to VAT are┬ábeing challenged in the Courts.

The notice also includes a section on unjust enrichment and the reimbursement scheme as well as the options available to taxpayers that disagree with a decision or ruling by HMRC.

Leave a Reply