Alistair Darling’s final pre-budget report
To give you advice as it happens, I will be posting tweets on Twitter as Mr Darling speaks and as further releases appear throughout the day as the ‘small print’ is issued by the government.
I’ll also be recording a Podcast, which will be available on the morning of the 10th, giving a more in-depth commentary on the proposals. Sign up for the podcast by clicking here!
This may be Captain Darling’s final chance to bail out the sinking ship called the UK economy. What will or what can he do? Will he propose further tax increases? What will the implications be for you and your business?
Potential changes are:
- An increase in the VAT rate
- A reduction in the VAT rate
- Changes to childcare tax relief
- Increases in the rate of Corporation Tax for small companies
- Reducing the benefit of tax reliefs such as Gift Aid and personal pension relief to the basic rate for all tax payers
- Increase in the rate of Capital Gains Tax
- Further increases in National Insurance contributions for both employees and employers
Many important proposals appear in the press releases and not in the speech. We will let you have details of these as soon as we have digested the contents.